Not Currently Enrolling
Number of weeks: 32
Required books?: Yes
Live video session?: Yes
Part of a certification or series of courses?: No
Join Soapstone UMC beginning in September 2021 for Disciple Online 2: Into the Word, Into the World – a study of 4 books of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Luke, and Acts. Everything can be done from home on your computer.
Needed for the course:
- High speed internet access
- A computer with an internal or external camera with microphone
- A study Bible and a Disciple 2 Bible Study manual
- An adventurous spirit and desire to study the Bible in a new way!
Using the Disciple 2 Bible Study manual as a guide, learners will find and reflect on 30-minute daily readings for 32 weeks. You will then go online for videos of Bible scholars discussing the weekly scripture passages and to use the online Discussion Board to share views on what you are reading and hearing as well as prayer requests and mutual support and encouragement.
The group will gather in weekly 70-minute Zoom meetings. The sessions will be on Sundays at 2:30 pm Eastern time. The orientation meeting will be on Sunday, September 12 at 2:30 pm ET. To find what time this is for you, go to the Time Zone Converter.
The study is open to anyone, but the number of spaces for participation are limited. Facilitator Bill Poston of Soapstone UMC in Raleigh, NC will encourage discussions of the weekly readings. Participants will covenant together to faithfully study the scripture.
Upon enrolling in the course, materials and fees include:
- The $30 BeADisciple fee covers the online assignments, support for the software, and access to the videos.
- The Disciple 2 Bible Study manual: Disciple 2 Into the Word, Into the World is approximately $35-40 and must be ordered separately from enrollment.
For more information on the group, please contact Bill Poston at email@example.com.
Technical support is available from Lisa Buffum at BeADisciple@sckans.edu