What responsibilities do I have as the learner?
Welcome! As a learner at BeADisciple, there are some expectations that will set you up to have the best experience possible.
Learners are responsible to:
- Know the day the course begins. You should write it on your calendar and plan to participate.
- Make sure they have received the login instructions and are able to login to the course that day. If it is after noon Central time, and you have checked your spam filter, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Know if there are any additional materials needed. We put all of the information you need for your course on the course description page, so be sure to read it thoroughly. You will then know what to have and what to do to be fully prepared when the course begins.
- Understand how BeADisciple works. Our courses are small group experiences online using the software Blackboard. You will not download Blackboard, you will access it through a secure username and password. Click here for more information on Blackboard.
- Manage their schedule. You are responsible for your schedule. We recommend planning one hour in your daily schedule for completing assignments in the online course, but it’s an hour according to your schedule.
Below, you’ll find some other questions we are asked by new or returning learners regularly. Explore these for more information; if you don’t find the question and answer you’re seeking, please email us at BeADisciple@sckans.edu.