Not Currently Enrolling
This will be an examination of the role of the educator in supporting the faith development of children and families in the congregation. We’ll cover pedagogies, models of ministry, and administrational tasks. Not only will we discover how to intentionally plan and lead long term, but we will examine best solutions to the in-the-trenches children’s ministry elements.
This course will equip you with techniques for the following:
- Creating and Maintaining a Gospel-Centered Ministry
- Different Models of Ministry (what’s best for your ministerial context?)
- Partnering with Parents
- Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Outreach, Service and Follow-Up
- Building, Leading & Maintaining Volunteer Teams
- Consistent & Creative Communication
- Serving Families with Special Needs
- The Preteen Bubble
- Family Worship
- Using Your Facility to set your teaching/worship up for success
Students are required to have the following books for this class:
- Gospel Centered Kids Ministry, by Brian Dembowczyk
- Sustainable Children’s Ministry, by Mark DeVries and Annette Safstrom
- What About Kids Ministry, edited by Bill Emeott
NOTE: IFD Certification learners may complete either IFDC140 or IFDC150 as part of their Children’s Ministry certification.
This course is eligible for 3.0 CEU.
Number of weeks: 6
Required books?: Yes
Live video session?: No
Part of a certification or series of courses?: Yes (IFD Certification in Children’s Ministry)
New to BeADisciple?
Read how BeADisciple courses work
About the Instructor
Danielle Bell has more than 25 years of children’s ministry experience. Her passion is to share, disciple, and shepherd children and families with the message of Jesus. She currently serves as Minister to Children at the Dawson Family of Faith in Birmingham, Alabama. Danielle is a respected children’s ministry leader and trainer and has spoken regionally at local churches and nationally at children’s ministry conferences (i.e. CPC, ETCH, KidMin conference). She is a curriculum writer for Gospel Project Kids and Awana Brite. Danielle was named by Children’s Ministry Magazine as one of the Top 20 children’s ministry leaders to watch. Her blog dandibell.com was named one of the top 100 kids ministry blogs by ministry-to-children.com